Video content has seen a massive rise in recent years. TikTok has seen incredible growth in users, Instagram has introduced Reels and experimented with a video-only feed, and Facebook also has Reels and added a video tab. As social networks move towards video as their primary form of content, their role in marketing your rental business has increased.
Everyone from small businesses to global companies selling something online has seen a boost from video marketing. Creating compelling video content and ads can help your product or service to stand out in an ever-growing marketplace. This brings motivated customers to your website and increases your bookings. Video is essential to success.
The best part for small businesses is that it doesn’t have to cost the world to create high-quality video content. Most people have a smartphone that has a camera that’s more than capable of producing professional footage. The key is ensuring your imagery will capture viewers’ attention and inspire them to take action. For rental businesses, this means making a booking.
So, let’s look at what you can do to turn video into a powerful marketing tool for your rental business.
Define your goal for video marketing
When marketing your rental business with video, you must set a goal for what you want to achieve. Each piece of content must have a clearly defined purpose that you can connect to your marketing and monitor results. The first thing you should do before picking up a camera is to ask yourself how this video and its story will attract more traffic to your website.
You may want to ask yourself:
- Am I introducing new rental products?
- Is there a specific rental product or service I want to promote?
- Do I need to educate my audience on the rental process?
- Is there any exciting news I want to share with my community?
Of course, these are only high-level questions, and once you settle on your goal for a video, you need to consider the desired result. After all, how you approach video marketing will vary depending on your goal. For example, are you looking to increase bookings, attract new customers, generate buzz, or connect more with your customer base? Defining your KPIs will help you track your progress and determine if you’re meeting goals.
Keep it consistent
Regardless of your video marketing efforts’ goal, it is crucial to keep it consistent with your branding. This is an opportunity to share what is unique about your rental business with the world. You can achieve this by translating your brand’s design aesthetic into your video content by including your logo, color scheme, fonts, and telling your brand’s story.
The best video marketing is emotional, inspiring, and memorable, so it is an excellent chance to connect with your intended audience. Whether introducing a new customer to your brand or sparking excitement from your existing customers, video helps communicate the rental experience people can expect from your brand and promotes recognition among viewers.
Create a solid framework
While your creative decisions will vary depending on the goals for each video, you should aim to impress your audience in all of them. Video is everywhere, and customers have high expectations for content and quality. By creating a solid framework from the beginning, you can help meet or exceed those expectations ideally.
Here are three essential aspects of video content you need to define:
- Video length - In the fast-moving world of TikTok and Instagram Reels, the shorter the video, the better. Experts recommend that your marketing videos are between 30 seconds and 2 minutes, while the average is 60 seconds. This is short enough to hold viewers’ attention and long enough to leave an impression.
- Engaging thumbnails - Often, your video thumbnail is the first thing viewers see, and it is vital to ensure that it is worthy of their clicking. This will draw many users into your video, especially if they are actively searching for brands that offer the products you rent out.
- Call to action (CTA) - No marketing video would be complete without a compelling call to action. A video without a CTA is just a video, no matter how good the content is. You need to ensure that you are directing viewers to take action, whether that’s visiting your website or making a booking.
There are many free tools like Canva that can help you to streamline the video production process. There are many templates that allow you to create videos quickly, and they can be resized to suit different platforms. This will help you to spend less time and money on your video creation.
Find the best channel for you
Once you’re happy with your videos, it’s time to start sharing them. You can begin by embedding them on your website at opportune positions, but if you want to increase traffic, you need to find other channels. You can start by researching your audience and which social media channels they’re likely to spend most of their time, so you know where to advertise for the best results.
Then comes the decision of how you want to invest in your efforts. Of course, social media channels allow you to post for free, but you may want to consider paid advertising. This will enable you to reach beyond your audience and find people most likely interested in renting your products. Most allow you to be quite detailed with your ad targetting.